You need to fill out this form if you have stopped your studies for a minimum of 24 months and one of the following applies to you:
- You held a paid job or received employment insurance or Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) or income replacement benefits (CNESST, SAAQ, Retraite Québec, etc.).
- You supported yourself during this period while living somewhere other than with a parent or sponsor.
If both situations apply to you, the periods must be consecutive.
You need to attach the following documents for each applicable situation:
- records of employment or letters from your employers
- attestations issued by Employment and Social Development Canada
- attestations of income replacement from the organizations concerned
- attestations issued by the Ministère du Travail, de l’Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale, along with proof that you were not living with your parents or sponsor (lease, municipal tax bill or letter from your landlord)
- Proof of acceptance of the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
Remember to include your academic transcript with your supporting documentation.
You can also use this form to inform Aide financière aux études that this situation does not apply to you and was declared by mistake when you applied for financial assistance. If this is the case, you need to fill out Section 3 and include the declaration of your parent or parents.
Fill out your form, scan it and upload it to Your Student Financial Assistance File.
Other way to submit your document
If you are unable to submit this form digitally you can mail it to us. Print the form, fill it out, sign and mail it to the address shown on the form itself.