Submit an Application for the Loans Program
Before applying for a loan
- First, ensure that you have a Permanent Code and a Social Insurance Number.
If you do not have a Permanent Code and/or Social Insurance Number, you will need to apply for them.
- View the program’s Eligibilty Requirements.
Make certain that you are eligible.
During the loan application process
- Fill out the Loans Program for Part-Time Studies application form, using Online Services.
Your application will be processed faster through Online Services than if you mail it to us. The last section of the form lists the documents we require to review your application.
- Submit the required documents.
- If your sponsor, spouse or parents need to fill out a schedule and do this online, your application will be processed faster than if they mail it.
- If any other documents are required, use Online Service to submit them.
- Your loan application decision will be available online.
As soon as the decision and assessment statement are added to your online file, you will receive an email prompting you to view them.
Your assessment and payment schedule may be subject to delays if your documents are non-compliant or submitted after the stated deadline.
Once your loan is approved
- Pick up your Guarantee Certificate.
You need to have your Guarantee Certificate in hand to receive your loan. This document will be available at your school’s student aid office a few days before classes start. A notice in your online file will inform you as to when you can pick it up.
- Bring your Guarantee Certificate to your financial institution.
You need to bring your Guarantee Certificate to your participating financial institution in order to receive payment.
Even if you have already been a beneficiary of the Loans and Bursaries Program, you still need to use a new Guarantee Certificate for the Loans Program for Part-Time Studies.